Views:420 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-11-20 Origin:Site
Elderly people with hearing loss need to wear hearing aids, and hearing aids also need maintenance. Like all appliances, hearing aids have a lifespan. Although the brands are different and the styles are different, the service life is generally 5-8 years. During this period, the debugging is often carried out under the guidance of a doctor. If hearing aids are used properly and maintained in a timely manner, their service life can be significantly extended.
A hearing aid is a sophisticated device. Attention should be paid when using: keep the hearing aid dry and clean. When not wearing, open the battery compartment to make it in a non-working state, which can extend the battery life. Develop the habit of cleaning up regularly and clean up regularly. When not wearing it, remove it and put it in a dry box or a stainless steel instrument box. Do not use ordinary cleaning agents to clean the hearing aid. Regularly go to the hearing aid fitting center to clean and adjust.
1. Because the hearing aid is very delicate, it is best to clean and maintain it on a soft cloth or towel to avoid unnecessary damage or loss of parts. When cleaning the hearing aid, be sure to use a professional brush or surgical scrub brushes to remove the earwax or other tiny particles that have accumulated around the ear canal of the hearing aid, the volume adjustment knob, and the battery compartment. Then wipe the hearing aid gently with a soft cloth. Use sponge holder forceps to remove earwax. Never use solvents, cleaning fluids or oils to clean hearing aids.
2. If the hearing aid is damp, do not use drying tools such as ovens, microwave ovens or hair dryers, which may damage the hearing aids. The correct method is to remove the damp battery, open the hearing aid battery door, and store the hearing aid on a towel in a safe place to achieve the purpose of dispelling moisture.
3. When the hearing aid is not in use, turn off the switch and open the battery door to extend the battery life. If the hearing aid is not turned off, it will make a "squeaking" noise, which may attract the attention of children or pets and cause unnecessary damage. Therefore, store the hearing aid in a place where children or pets cannot find it easily. If the hearing aid is not used for a long time, please put it in a special pocket and store it in a cool, dry place.
4. It is important to keep hearing aids clean and dry at all times. The battery door should be opened when not wearing a hearing aid to extend the battery life. If the hearing aid is equipped with a volume knob, you can use it to adjust the volume or switch the hearing aid. When turning on the hearing aid, turn the volume knob forward or clockwise to the proper position. When changing the listening environment, if you want to amplify the volume, turn the knob forward; if you want to decrease the volume, adjust the knob backward or counterclockwise. The hearing aid can be turned off when it is rotated fully backward. If the hearing aid is not equipped with a volume knob, insert the battery, close the battery door to start the hearing aid, and open the battery door to close the hearing aid.
5. Pay attention to the maintenance method. When there are problems with hearing aids, it is best not to repair them yourself. Because if a screwdriver is used for repairs, the iron filings on the upper side will cause serious damage to the hearing aid and directly damage the electronic components. So if you want to repair a hearing aid, you must find a professional.
In general, if the effect of hearing aids on ear hearing is small, surgery may be one of the more feasible methods.
The current treatment for otosclerosis is mainly surgery, of which stapes resection is the accepted treatment. The professional surgical instruments used in this kind of surgery include stainless steel speculum or disposable speculum, curved medical scissors and ear forceps with camera.
In addition, tenotomy scissors are unique equipment for this operation. The mosquito haemostatic forceps are used to clamp blood vessels, have the effect of promoting blood circulation, and can perseverely cooperate with needle holder crile wood to carry out surgical sutures.
Ear inflammation is high in children. Usually in this case, the doctor will recommend surgery to place a middle ear tube or pressure balance tube in the ear to relieve the pressure on the tympanic membrane when the middle ear effusion cannot be discharged.