Views:398 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-10-29 Origin:Site
Cataracts are divided into congenital and acquired. Congenital cataracts mostly exist before 1 year old, and some patients continue to develop worse. Acquired cataracts are opacity of the lens after birth due to systemic diseases or local eye diseases, abnormal nutrition and metabolism, poisoning, degeneration, and trauma. There are senile cataracts and concurrent cataracts.
Before the operation, in addition to cooperating with the doctor to conduct a detailed eye examination, the patient also needs to make careful pre-operative preparations, which mainly include the following aspects.
1. The diet should be light, avoid spicy and greasy foods; do personal hygiene, take a bath the day before surgery, and take care to prevent colds;
2. Antibiotic eye drops should be used 3 days before the operation to prevent postoperative infection; for patients who take antidiabetic drugs, aspirin and other drugs for a long time, they should inform the doctor in time and guide the medication according to the condition;
3. On the day of surgery, use soap and saline to clean the skin around the eyes and flush the conjunctival sac. Do not touch the skin around the eyes with your hands after washing. Under normal circumstances, in the absence of active infectious eye diseases such as conjunctivitis and dacryocystitis, an ophthalmologist will determine whether it is suitable for cataract surgery to choose intraocular lenses and evaluate the postoperative effects based on the examination results.
4. Eliminate anxiety and anxiety. Surgical treatment inevitably makes people feel anxious, especially the surgical treatment of both eyes. Patients will have psychological fears such as worrying that the surgical treatment will affect their eyesight and worrying that they will not be seen. In fact, cataract is a common surgical treatment in ophthalmology. The operation time is short and pain is less. After the operation, the eyesight will get better and better. Before surgery, patients fully understand ophthalmic instruments and their uses and medical device quality standards are helpful to eliminate surgical concerns.
5. During the operation, the head and hands should not be moved, and the spirit should be relaxed and not held in breath, which is conducive to the smooth progress of the operation.
Before the operation, the cataract instrument set is complete, which includes mini medical scissors, intraocular lens forceps, eye cannulas surgical instruments, etc.
The first step is to suck out the cataract. At this stage, ultrasound emulsion is generally used. The doctor wears a plastic speculum with light, uses sterile surgical scissors or medical angled scissors to make a small wound on the eyes, inserts an ultrasonic needle tube, divides the moldy eye lens into small pieces into liquid, and then sucks it out. The second step is to clamp the intraocular lens with capsulotomy forceps, put the intraocular lens into the syringe and slowly introduce it into the crystal capsular bag. The stretched intraocular lens will proceed autonomously and gradually, and then the position will be adjusted.
In fact, cataract belongs to minimally invasive surgery, which does not require too much preparation before surgery. But if you suffer from diabetes or high blood pressure, you need to control your blood sugar and blood pressure.